Friday, September 17, 2010

Big Weekend

This weekend really needs to be a big writing weekend. Auditions are this coming week and we need to nail down our Character List and write the Audition Scripts. The Audition Script process is very helpful to the writer in a number of ways. First, it forces me to sit down and start writing. That's big in and of itself. Secondly, it allows me a chance to begin finding the voice of the play... How did people talk back then? What is the overriding flavor of the dialogue? Thirdly, it gives me an opportunity to start playing around with how our characters will interact with one another.
There are many other benefits to the Audition Script process, but I'll leave you with this last one: It gives me a chance to bounce all of the above variables off our very first test-audience... The auditioning actors themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment